A small country with a big reputation, helped along by a timeless, age-caressed landscape and a fascinating, friendly people.
GeoVisions Au Pairs travel to Ireland to experience Irish life while living with an Irish family and caring for their children in exchange for room, board and a monthly salary. Being an Au Pair in Ireland is one of the best international jobs there is.
This is a great program if you want to travel and earn money at the same time! Add to that great combo a loving host family where you will have all of your meals, a private bedroom and all the support you need.
Some of our au pairs tell us the bond they form with their host family can last a lifetime. We know some au pairs who actually fly back a few years later for a reunion or to attend a milestone event for one of the children they cared for. You will be able to participate in family activities, share cultures, make friends in your new community and with other au pairs in the area … a built in social network to make your time abroad a lot more fun, exciting and rewarding.
Becoming an au pair in Ireland is a serious position … and while you do get paid to travel … your main responsibilities are the children you care for. While you might consider yourself patient, fun-loving and perfect for a job like this … think about how responsible you are and your previous experience with children under your care. If you’re ready … we have incredible families who need you right away, living in amazing locations in Ireland.
Au Pairs in Ireland are 20-29 years of age who can provide child care to a host family in exchange for room, board and a financial stipend. They are a part of a vibrant cultural and educational exchange. You must be a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree within 12 months of applying for your visa.
Do you enjoy helping children with homework, assisting in keeping children’s rooms and play areas clean, preparing snacks and meals for children, and dropping them off or picking them up from school or activities? If the answer is “yes” then this program is definitely for you.
Aside from earning money while you travel, our Au Pairs have the opportunity to learn more about children and influence their lives. As an Au Pair you develop more self-confidence and become more independent. Living with a family in their own country gives you an amazing insight into that county’s culture, values and people.
- 6-months minimum and 12-months maximum.
You will earn around €85 per week (which is approximately $95 US) for 35 hours of work each week.
You can also stay in Ireland for 12 months as an Au Pair. You will need to secure a Work and Travel Visa, and we will point you in the right direction to start that process. The fee is the same for 6 months (min.) or 12 months (max.)
At GeoVisions, we have pre-screened the families and the position and in some cases, we have placed au pairs with that family before. We make sure you’re being paid the highest salary possible. We provide a formal orientation, and we provide a person in-country to help you and to be there for you. You will meet other au pairs just like you and we provide social activities with other au pairs. In fact, if your placement doesn’t work out, we will move you to another family (based on circumstances).
Citizens of full European (EFTA, EEA) Member Countries are able to live and work in Ireland without a visa or work permit. There is no visa application, no classes to take. GeoVisions will supply an eager host family who has been screened and EU citizens just need to show up on the agreed upon date to begin the Au Pair duties.
Au Pairs in Ireland Must
- You must be a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree within 12 months of applying for your visa.
- We can currently take Au Pairs from the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- Have previous childcare/babysitting experience, and a genuine love of children.
- Be able to commit to at least 6 months as an au pair.
- Provide a medical reference and a background check.
- Be interviewed by phone or Skype to be accepted by the family.
- Have driving experience and an international driver’s license.
- Have references from childcare experience.
- Obtain an IWT visa.
Au Pairs in Ireland Receive
- Placement with a carefully screened family.
- A private room and full board.
- A stipend of approximately €85 per week for 35 hours of childcare.
- Some families may give a €200 – €500 bonus at the completion of your program.
- The possibility to use the family’s car.
- At least one full day and one half day off per week.
- Au Pairs will receive 2 weeks of paid holiday per year.
- Medical and accident insurance coverage.
- All au pairs will normally have weekends free unless specifically agreed otherwise.
- A weekend away on Adventure Island.
- A half-day First Aid Course.
- AuPair training once each month, with a Certificate of Completion at the end.
- A voucher towards your flight to Ireland.
- For long-term Au Pairs who stay from 9-12 months, if you stay until the end of your agreed time period with one Host Family you receive another voucher towards your flight home.
- Organized meet-ups with other AuPairs.
Au Pair Responsibilities Include
- Living with the host family as a member of the family and the desire for a strong cross-cultural relationship.
- Irish families can be large, with up to 4 – 5 children.
- Helping with babysitting, child care and light household duties.
- Adjusting to the Irish culture and customs, while sharing your culture with the host family.
- Occupying the children in an interesting and creative way, reading books to them, taking them for a walk, taking them to bed, preparing simple meals, taking them to school, etc.
We can accept placements year round.
35 hours per week.
Included. Orientation is provided prior to arrival.
20-29 years of age.
Au Pair placements are throughout Ireland.
Au Pairs will need an IWT Visa to enter Ireland as an Au Pair. Visas take approximately 8 weeks for issue. Please plan for that in the timing of your departure.
Your continued good health and your safety are paramount to GeoVisions. Access to medical treatment keeps you safe, healthy and participating on the program.
Extensive medical and accident insurance along with emergency evacuation, baggage loss and delay, trip delay and LiveTravel™ emergency assistance is included for US citizens as long as you are on the program.
Under the current insurance laws in the United States, we are unable to insure participants outside the US on our policy, which we have obtained from Travel Guard. However, if you live outside the US we hope you will still participate with us. You will need to scan your proof of insurance and send it to us.
Yeah. We know. These laws make no sense to us either.
Arrival pickup is included.
Not provided. It may be possible to have use of a car.
You will stay with an Irish family and you will have a private bedroom.
3 meals per day are included when you are with your Irish family. When you are traveling on your own, you will need to provide your own meals.