Discover the many secrets of this gently beautiful country and its masterpieces, canal towns and windmills.
The French term au pair means on par or equal. GeoVisions Au Pairs travel to The Netherlands to experience Dutch life while living with a Dutch family and caring for their children in exchange for room, board and a monthly salary. Being an Au Pair in The Netherlands is one of the best international jobs there is.
This is a great program if you want to travel and earn money at the same time! Add to that great combo a loving host family where you will have all of your meals, a private bedroom and all the support you need.
Some of our au pairs tell us the bond they form with their host family can last a lifetime. We know some au pairs who actually fly back a few years later for a reunion or to attend a milestone event for one of the children they cared for. You will be able to participate in family activities, share cultures, make friends in your new community and with other au pairs in the area … a built in social network to make your time abroad a lot more fun, exciting and rewarding.
Becoming an au pair in The Netherlands is a serious position … and while you do get paid to travel … your main responsibilities are the children you care for. While you might consider yourself patient, fun-loving and perfect for a job like this … think about how responsible you are and your previous experience with children under your care. If you’re ready … we have incredible families who need you right away, living in amazing locations in The Netherlands.
Do you enjoy helping children with homework, assisting in keeping children’s rooms and play areas clean, preparing snacks and meals for children, and dropping them off or picking them up from school or activities? If the answer is “yes” then this program is definitely for you.
Aside from earning money while you travel, our Au Pairs have the opportunity to learn more about children and influence their lives. As an Au Pair you develop more self-confidence and become more independent. Living with a family in their own country gives you an amazing insight into that county’s culture, values and people.
- 10-months minimum and 12-months maximum.
You will earn at least €300 (Euros) ($340 US per month.)
Enter as a tourist and then go with your host family to secure your Au Pair visa. The visa is included in your fee.
Surprisingly, when au pair program fees and other expenses paid are compared with pocket money earned plus the value of room and board, au pairs earn more than they spend.
Did you know that being an au pair is one of the most affordable ways to experience international travel even if you have to pay program fees and flight expenses?
To see how the math works, press the red button below. See for yourself that being an au pair can be one of the most affordable ways to experience international education, work and travel, while having the experience of a lifetime!
Over the years we have met au pairs who have had horrible experiences when they thought they are going into a fantastic overseas au pair job only to find out the family where they were living was not screened, families dismissed au pairs routinely without paying them, and there was no one to turn to for help and support. No one to look out for them.
At GeoVisions, we have pre-screened the families and the position and in some cases, we have placed au pairs with that family before. We make sure you’re being paid the highest stipend possible. We provide a person in-country to help you and to be there for you. You will meet other au pairs just like you and we provide social activities with other au pairs. In fact, if your placement doesn’t work out, we will move you to another family (based on circumstances).
Au Pairs in The Netherlands Must
- Be between 18 and 30 with at least a high school diploma.
- We can currently take Au Pairs from the United States, Canada, UK, Australia, Ireland and New Zealand.
- Have previous childcare/babysitting experience, and a genuine love of children. Childcare references will need to be provided after sign up.
- Be able to commit to 10-12 months as an au pair.
- Driving experience is not required, but the ability to ride a bike is. (Many families have cargo bikes that require a minimum height of 5’1″.)
- Provide 3 references.
- Have a telephone or Skype interview with the family.
Au Pairs in The Netherlands Receive
- Placement with a carefully screened Dutch family.
- A private room and full board.
- Use of a bike and mobile phone (the family will provide you with a €10 credit for the first month on the mobile phone.
- A stipend of at least €300 ($332 US) per month for up to 30 hours of babysitting and light housework. The stipend is €340 ($375 US) per month if you are over 20 and have at least two years of college.
- Help and support as needed from GeoVisions’ partner au pair agency.
- Assistance in identifying a suitable Dutch language school near the host family if you want to learn the language. And financial assistance for the courses.
- At least two full days off per week, plus you are entitled to two-weeks off as paid holidays.
- Medical and accident insurance coverage.
Au Pair Responsibilities Include
- Living with the host family as a member of the family and the desire for a strong cross-cultural relationship.
- Helping with babysitting, child care and general household duties.
- Assisting your Dutch family with English language as desired.
- Adjusting to the Dutch culture and customs, while sharing your culture and language with the host family.
- Many people of all ages in Holland speak reasonably good English. This is a plus when the Au Pair needs help.
Positions are available all year.
Work a maximum of 30 hours per week with 2 days off per week and two-weeks off as paid holidays.
A welcome package is provided within a few days of arrival, as well as a welcome call from our Dutch partner.
Native English speaker.
Language (Dutch) or other educational courses are available if you want to take them. The family will contribute up to €320 to help pay for these classes. To receive the reimbursement, you must finish the course however.
18-30 years of age. We have placements for both males and females.
Most placements are in and around one of Holland’s 4 main cities; Amsterdam, Utrecht, The Hague, Rotterdam.
Included. The host family is responsible for applying for your AuPair Visa.
Your continued good health and your safety are paramount to GeoVisions. Access to medical treatment keeps you safe, healthy and participating on the program.
Extensive medical and accident insurance along with emergency evacuation, baggage loss and delay, trip delay and LiveTravel™ emergency assistance is included for US citizens as long as you are on the program.
Under the current insurance laws in the United States, we are unable to insure participants outside the US on our policy, which we have obtained from Travel Guard. However, if you live outside the US we hope you will still participate with us. You will need to scan your proof of insurance and send it to us.
Yeah. We know. These laws make no sense to us either.
Included. The host family will pick you up.
Not included. Ability to ride a bike is important.
You will stay with a Dutch family and you will have a private bedroom.
3 meals per day are included when you are with your Dutch family. When you are traveling on your own, you will need to provide your own meals.