From Bangkok and around Thailand in three-weeks.
Becoming a summer camp counselor in Thailand is not only highly rewarding, but it’s a lot of fun. In Thailand, GeoVisions’ language camps provide English language education to disadvantaged youth and give them an opportunity to learn an important skill that they can use to better their lives. Mostly taking place in and around schools, these language camps offer students a chance to practice their English in a more creative setting of activities and learning that make the day a lot more fun.
With a long coastline (actually, two coastlines) and jungle-topped islands anchored in blue waters, Thailand is a tropical getaway for the hedonist and the hermit, the prince and the pauper. When you step off the airplane after your flight to Bangkok, you will find it almost natural to slip into your Thai “skin,” even if this is your first trip to Thailand. In no time you will be chit-chatting with the locals, eating at street noodle joints, climbing aboard shared taxi pick-up trucks, and craving rice for breakfast.
You will have your formal orientation in Bangkok. From there you’ll leave the city and head out to do 2 camps in 2 weeks.
This is not something you will do and then come home and forget. This experience will last a lifetime. In fact, this experience will play an enormous role as you design your future. And GeoVisions invests in your future. How? We provide stellar service, and we are with you at every step, even when you’re in Thailand. We provide free membership in the ESL Lounge, where you can download and use flash cards and worksheets to help you teach English to the students at these remote schools. These tools vary from Pre-K all the way through Business-English.
This is a 3-week program … enough time to become immersed in the Thai culture and also enough time to help out at 2 distinctive language camps outside of Bangkok.
Do you love working with children? Are you physically fit and enjoy travel? If you have wanted to travel around Thailand and provide a much-needed service of teaching English to Thai school children in language day camps … either one of these three programs is for you.
Use of the ESL Lounge and getting certified in the Renzulli method of learning will be huge milestones on your resume, that you can use when you get home for advancement.
- Consider traveling with a friend or as a couple. Any of these three types of camps is perfect for friends or a small group.
BENEFITS OF BEING A CAMP COUNSELOR IN THAILAND
- All counselors will participate in a five-day Thai language and culture orientation.
- Before arrival, counselors will have been able to take a 20-hour online TESOL course to prepare them for the rigors of teaching English in a summer language camp.
- The online TESOL course, the orientation and all accommodation is included in the program fee.
- Counselors will have the opportunity to help disadvantaged Thai youth learn an extremely important skill of speaking English.
- The accommodation is provided and is based on double occupancy. Counselors will be placed with another counselor of the same gender. Counselors must pay electricity and water charges.
- Counselors receive transport and accommodation when traveling and conducting camps in different regions.
Counselors will travel to different schools and locations throughout Thailand and participate in English camps for disadvantaged children. Camp counselors will work three to four days a day, but workdays will be variable and depend on camp schedules for each camp. It is the perfect way to explore Thailand from the beaches to the mountains.
- Work up to four or five days each at each camp program.
- Show care with the children; interact with them in a professional manner.
- Be respectful of GeoVisions’ rules and requirements, as well as the local culture.
- Follow the detailed rules set out in the GeoVisions terms and conditions document, which must be signed and returned before beginning the camp program.
- Applicants must be native English speakers.
- You must be in good physical and mental health.
- You must be aged 19+.
- Applicants must have sufficient funds to pay for the program fees and other associated costs of the program.
- Applicants must hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or the United States.
- Airport Pickup (provide applicant lands within the arrival guidelines).
- Welcome dinner.
- Breakfast and lunch provided during camp days.
- All accommodation during the program.
- Health and accident insurance.
- Thai cooking classes.
- Thai language classes.
- At least two cultural outings.
- Orientation for five days.
- 20-hour online TESOL course.
- Transport to and from camps.
- Accident and health insurance.
- Flights to Asia.
- Dinners and all meals when not at camp.
- Temple and park fees.
- Transportation outside camp.
- Accommodation before or after the program.
- Extra luggage fees.
This is a three-week program offered June 4 to June 25, 2017. The second 3 week camp, The Island Hopper, is offered July 2- July 21, 2017.
3-5 days per week at each camp. (Generally Wednesday or Thursday through Sunday)
Included. A multi-day orientation before the program starts is included in Bangkok.
Native English speaker.
Beginning Thai language during orientation.
Orientation is in Bangkok, Thailand. The first camp is located in Ayutthaya. The camp will finish in Koh Samet.
Not included. You can get your tourist visa in advance of departure or at the airport when you land. The cost is around $40.
Your continued good health and safety during your time abroad is of critical importance to GeoVisions, and to the success of the program.
With the new healthcare and insurance laws in the United States, GeoVisions cannot legally provide travel, health and accident insurance on our group plan for any participant who resides outside the US. If that is you, we hope you will still participate with us.
For US Citizens, GeoVisions has arranged accident and health insurance services through iNext/Nationwide. You will be sent details of the plan appropriate to you before departure. Please read the information about the plan carefully.
If you reside outside the US, please find out if your current health insurance plan covers you when you travel. If it does not, you will need to purchase an insurance plan separately. Then, simply send us a scan or photo of your insurance card. It’s that simple. And for the record, we don’t understand or agree with these laws either.
GeoVisions takes your health very seriously. We have specially trained staff on duty 24 hours a day, 7-days a week to assist you wherever you are.
GeoVisions will provide transport and accommodation when traveling and conducting camps in different regions.
Included throughout the program. Counselors will live in modern accommodations that include Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, and are convenient to our offices and campus. The accommodation is provided and is based on double occupancy.
Breakfast and lunch included during camp days.
NO RISK & NO OBLIGATION to Get Started Today!