It's not where you go. It's how you feel for a moment in your life when you're a part of something. And if you find that moment... It lasts forever.
Becoming a summer camp counselor in the stunning Thai islands is not only highly rewarding, it’s a lot of fun. On some of the most beautiful islands in Thailand, GeoVisions’ language camps provide English language education to Thai youth and give them an opportunity to start to learn an important skill that they can use to better their lives. Mostly taking place in and around schools, these language camps offer students a chance to practice their English in a more creative setting of activities and learning that make the day a lot more fun. NOW add to this program…the location! Two beautiful islands: Koh Phi Phi and Koh Samet.
With a long coastline (actually, two coastlines) and jungle-topped islands anchored in blue waters, Thailand is a tropical getaway for the hedonist and the hermit, the prince and the pauper. When you step off the airplane after your flight to Krabi, you will find it almost natural to slip into your Thai “skin,” even if this is your first trip to Thailand. In no time you will be chit-chatting with the locals, swimming in crystal clear water, lazing on the beach, and working with local children to learn conversational English.
This is not something you will do and then come home and forget. This experience will last a lifetime. In fact, this experience will play an enormous role as you design your future. And GeoVisions invests in your future. How? We provide stellar service, and we are with you at every step, even when you’re in Thailand. We provide free membership in the ESL Lounge, where you can download and use flash cards and worksheets to help you teach English to the students at these remote schools. These tools vary from Pre-K all the way through Business-English.
This is a 3-week program … enough time to become immersed in the Thai culture and also enough time to help out at 2 distinctive language camps around two stunning islands of Thailand.
Do you love working with children? Are you physically fit and enjoy travel? If you have wanted to travel around islands of Thailand and provide a much-needed service of teaching English to Thai school children in language day camps while on the stunning islands of Koh Phi Phi and Koh Samet … then this is the perfect program for you!
Add that you were a language camp counselor and English teacher in Thailand to your resume.
- Consider traveling with a friend or as a couple. This program is perfect for friends or a small group.
This fee includes a 20 hour TESOL course, which you can take and complete prior to your arrival in Thailand.
Benefits of Being A Camp Counselor on the Islands of Thailand
- All counselors will participate in a five-day Thai language and culture orientation.
- Before arrival, counselors will have been able to take a 20-hour online TESOL course to prepare them for the rigors of teaching English in a summer language camp.
- The online TESOL course, the orientation and all accommodation are included in the program fee.
- Counselors will have the opportunity to help Thai youth to begin to learn an extremely important skill of speaking English.
- The accommodation is provided and is based on double occupancy. Counselors will be placed with another counselor of the same gender.
- Counselors receive transport and accommodation when traveling to camps.
What you can expect as a camp counselor in Thailand?
Counselors will arrive Krabi and check into accommodation. Then there is a comprehensive five-day orientation program that includes Thai language, culture outings and camp preparation.
Counselors will travel to different schools and locations on the islands of Koh Samet and Koh Phi Phi as they participate in English camps for children. Camp counselors will work four to five days a day, but workdays will be variable and depend on camp schedules for each camp. It is the perfect way to explore these stunning islands.
The expectations we have of our camp counselors
- Work up to four or five days each at each camp program.
- Show care with the children; interact with them in a professional manner.
- Be respectful of GeoVisions’ rules and requirements, as well as the local culture.
- Follow the detailed rules set out in the GeoVisions terms and conditions document, which must be signed and returned before beginning the camp program.
The requirements to be a camp counselor in Thailand
- Applicants must be fluent and clear English speakers.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health.
- Applicants must be aged 19+.
- Applicants must have sufficient funds to pay for the program fees and other associated costs of the program.
What’s included in the program fee
- Airport Pickup (provide applicant lands within the arrival guidelines).
- Breakfast and lunch provided during camp days.
- All accommodation during the program.
- Thai language classes.
- Cultural outings.
- Orientation for five days.
- 20-hour online TESOL course.
- Transport to and from camps.
- Accident and health insurance for US citizens.
What is not included in the program fee
- Flights to Asia.
- Dinners and all meals when not at camp.
- Transportation outside camp.
- Accommodation before or after the program.
- Extra luggage fees.
Arrive July 2 and depart July 21, 2017.
Generally half of each day, four to five days a week is spent teaching the kids.
Included. A week orientation is held in Krabi. Orientation includes Thai language, Thai cultural outings, and camp preparation.
Fluent and clear English speaker.
Beginning Thai language during orientation.
Orientation is in Krabi, Thailand. The next 2 weeks are on the islands of Koh Phi Phi and Koh Samet.
Not included. US citizens will need a tourist visa.
Your continued good health and safety during your time abroad is of critical importance to GeoVisions, and to the success of the program.
With the new healthcare and insurance laws in the United States, GeoVisions cannot legally provide travel, health and accident insurance on our group plan for any participant who resides outside the US. If that is you, we hope you will still participate with us.
For US Citizens, GeoVisions has arranged accident and health insurance services. You will be sent details of the plan appropriate to you before departure. Please read the information about the plan carefully.
If you reside outside the US, please find out if your current health insurance plan covers you when you travel. If it does not, you will need to purchase an insurance plan separately. Then, simply send us a scan or photo of your insurance card. It’s that simple. And for the record, we don’t understand or agree with these laws either.
GeoVisions takes your health very seriously. We have specially trained staff on duty 24 hours a day, 7-days a week to assist you wherever you are.
GeoVisions will provide transport and accommodation when traveling and conducting camps.
Included throughout the program. The accommodation is provided and is based on double occupancy.
Breakfast and lunch included during camp days.