Marketing Internships on the beach in Thailand!
Hit the beach, the surf, the sand and do a lot for your career with these marketing internships. At any given time, we need two marketing interns and one in web design. These internships are with our partner in Hau Hin, Thailand, who operate all of our Thailand programs. In Thailand, GeoVisions provides experiences for Teaching in Thailand, Language Camp Counselors and Tutoring English to a Thai family. Because we send so many people to Thailand on very diverse projects, our partner office in Hua Hin takes a few interns from us who have educational and/or work experience in marketing or web development who can participate in programs and initiatives around global and local marketing and client management.
Some interns have done such a great job and have enjoyed Thailand so much, they have become full time employees upon completion of their internship. The possibilities are endless.
Hua Hin, a main beach destination near Bangkok, is a relatively serene place to live and work. Don’t come looking for a party-at-all-costs backpacker scene. Instead, when you are not working on your Internship, you can fill your time horseback riding on the beach or swimming. And if that isn’t enough, relax on a deckchair drinking cold beer and eating steamed crab.
GeoVisions is looking for qualified interns to join our in-country partner’s marketing/program management team in Hua Hin, Thailand. The marketing/program management department aims to expand their business in various areas under the umbrella of adventure and multicultural work and travel. They seek interns with educational and/or work experience in marketing or web development who can participate in programs and initiatives around global and local marketing and client management.
Interns should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and web design and management.
- Interns will gain international business knowledge and cross-cultural skills.
- Tip the advantage to you by enhancing your resume with this Internship.
- Gain deep understanding of another culture.
- Build professional experience in education, management and marketing.
Program Expectation and Details
It is expected that interns will engage in substantive work projects and be able to participate in regular staff meetings and events at the workplace. Interns will have a direct supervisor to help train and mentor them, and to provide necessary guidance and feedback throughout the course of the internship.
Position Available: Marketing/Client Services
Assist in various areas of marketing and program management, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development, distribution and delivery of marketing materials.
- Conduct market surveys and data collection.
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline.
- Prepare presentations.
- Maintain internal files and databases.
- Provide support to social media efforts.
- Assist with office work.
- Assist with course logistics
Requirement: Intern must possess at least a bachelor’s degree.
Position Available: Web-development Intern
Assist in development and management of company website and web-based applications, including the following activities: HTML, PHP and WordPress support.
- Write code for website and make changes to text and pictures on the website.
- Update company files and upload monthly company report on the website.
- Make recommendations for website improvement.
- Implement new marketing initiatives on the website.
- Conduct search engine optimization.
Requirement: Must have previous experience in Web Development. Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
What You Get For The Placement Fee
- An assigned mentor.
- Accommodation (A security deposit is required. Water and electricity are additional.)
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Thailand.
- Cultural and group activities and dinners while on those activities.
- In-country basic language assistance and Introductory Thai during orientation.
- An opportunity to live in an exotic country, rich in culture and natural beauty.
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical, accident and dental insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.