Marketing Internships on the beach in Thailand!
Hit the beach, the surf, the sand and do a lot for your career with these marketing internships. At any given time, we need two marketing interns and one in web design. These internships are with our partner in Hau Hin, Thailand, who operate all of our Thailand programs. In Thailand, GeoVisions provides experiences for Teaching in Thailand, Language Camp Counselors and Tutoring English to a Thai family. Because we send so many people to Thailand on very diverse projects, our partner office in Hua Hin takes a few interns from us who have educational and/or work experience in marketing or web development who can participate in programs and initiatives around global and local marketing and client management.
Some interns have done such a great job and have enjoyed Thailand so much, they have become full time employees upon completion of their internship. The possibilities are endless.
Hua Hin, a main beach destination near Bangkok, is a relatively serene place to live and work. Don’t come looking for a party-at-all-costs backpacker scene. Instead, when you are not working on your Internship, you can fill your time horseback riding on the beach or swimming. And if that isn’t enough, relax on a deckchair drinking cold beer and eating steamed crab.
Do you have educational and/or work experience in marketing or web development? Have you always wanted to work for a multi-national cutting-edge company? If you are prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, you may have found what you’ve been looking for. At the end of the internship you will have gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and web design and management. All that on the beach in Thailand.
Gain professional experience in the marketing and web development field while interning in Thailand. Get an edge on your resume with this international experience. Network and make connections with professionals in your industry from all over the world.
- We have had success placing couples or traveling companions depending on the internships available.
- You need to commit to two-months for this internship.
Free accommodation in Hua Hin is your payment for the two-months of work.
Your transport to Hua Hin from Bangkok, orientation, food, local transport and pocket money should run an additional $1,200 for the two-month internship. Because of flight schedules, you may have to overnight in Bangkok for one night before heading out to Hua Hin. The night in Bangkok is your responsibility.
GeoVisions is looking for qualified interns to join our in-country partner’s marketing/program management team in Hua Hin, Thailand. The marketing/program management department aims to expand their business in various areas under the umbrella of adventure and multicultural work and travel. They seek interns with educational and/or work experience in marketing or web development who can participate in programs and initiatives around global and local marketing and client management.
Interns should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and web design and management.
- Interns will gain international business knowledge and cross-cultural skills.
- Tip the advantage to you by enhancing your resume with this Internship.
- Gain deep understanding of another culture.
- Build professional experience in education, management and marketing.
Program Expectation and Details
It is expected that interns will engage in substantive work projects and be able to participate in regular staff meetings and events at the workplace. Interns will have a direct supervisor to help train and mentor them, and to provide necessary guidance and feedback throughout the course of the internship.
Position Available: Marketing/Client Services
Assist in various areas of marketing and program management, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development, distribution and delivery of marketing materials.
- Conduct market surveys and data collection.
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline.
- Prepare presentations.
- Maintain internal files and databases.
- Provide support to social media efforts.
- Assist with office work.
- Assist with course logistics
Requirement: Intern must possess at least a bachelor’s degree.
Position Available: Web-development Intern
Assist in development and management of company website and web-based applications, including the following activities: HTML, PHP and WordPress support.
- Write code for website and make changes to text and pictures on the website.
- Update company files and upload monthly company report on the website.
- Make recommendations for website improvement.
- Implement new marketing initiatives on the website.
- Conduct search engine optimization.
Requirement: Must have previous experience in Web Development. Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
What You Get For The Placement Fee
- An assigned mentor.
- Accommodation (A security deposit is required. Water and electricity are additional.)
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Thailand.
- Cultural and group activities and dinners while on those activities.
- In-country basic language assistance and Introductory Thai during orientation.
- An opportunity to live in an exotic country, rich in culture and natural beauty.
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical, accident and dental insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
Internships are available all year 'round. Program dates are 2014: Dec 1 and 29. 2015: February 2, March 2, March 30, April 27, June 1, June 29, July 27, August 31, September 28, October 26, November 30, and December 28. There are two positions available at a time. Both are for 2 months.
Interns will be expected to work four days a week 9 – 5. Your work week will be approximately 30 hours.
Included. One week orientation also includes introduction to Thai language and culture. Each intern is assigned an onsite mentor.
Native English speaker.
Included. One week orientation includes introductory Thai language.
21+ years of age.
Hua Hin, Thailand
Not included. Participants will arrive on a tourist visa.
Proof of travel insurance is required. Due to the ever-changing insurance laws in the United States, extensive medical and accident insurance along with emergency evacuation, baggage loss and delay, trip delay and LiveTravel™ emergency assistance is included in your program fee, but only if you live in the United States or Canada (does not include Quebec). To be helpful to our participants living outside those areas we provide each of you a $50 credit on your final program fee to help with your insurance. And for the record, it makes no sense to us either.
Not included. You will arrive into Bangkok and be transported to Hua Hin.
Included. (Security deposit is required. Electricity and water are additional.)
Note that when you arrive in Bangkok you will need to overnight there for one night before leaving for Hua Hin. The one night in Bangkok is not included in the fee.