A continent on one green island.
When you go abroad to teach English in Taiwan with GeoVisions, you will be earning more than a competitive salary. Your teaching job can be an excellent alternative to the traditional post-graduate employment path. It is also an amazing opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, while experiencing the rich culture of the East.
Taiwan is a blend of modern and the past. Some refer to it as “The heart of Asia”, with very friendly and courteous locals.
With only one start date per year (in September) to teach English in Taiwan with GeoVisions, you only have once chance to make this experience a reality in your life.
The deadline to apply is July 1, 2017. But because these are highly sought after jobs and the annual salary is very high considering the low cost of living in Taiwan, we could be out of available jobs by then. The monthly salary can be between US$1,500 – US$2,500.
Go beyond the beaten path and experience Taiwan the way no tourist ever could. GeoVisions’ Teach English In Taiwan program allows you to live and work in one of the world’s most progressive countries. Taiwan has a vibrant democracy, free press, gender equality and respect for human rights. It’s an amazing place to improve the English skills of local children and experiencing and engaging in an important cultural exchange. You will find a rich culture built upon a fascinating history and a country populated by a caring, vibrant people. You will discover within a day why the national greeting may as well be, “Have you eaten?”
Do you want a teaching experience abroad but have student loans to pay? This is the perfect way to do both. Taiwanese schools are looking for English teachers. And the monthly salary is more than enough to not just pay your day to day living in Taiwan, but to also have enough money left over each month… to pay loans, to travel and yes, even to save a bit of money!
Teaching English in Taiwan can be the start of a lucrative, professional career path as well as your chance to gain international experience! This experience will be useful in your home country upon your return from Taiwan by giving you an edge over applicants with no classroom experience. It is also an amazing opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, while experiencing the rich culture of East Asia. PLUS…you can earn a salary which may easily enable you to pay monthly student loan bills!
If you have your bachelor’s degree (or will have it by the time you are planning to go abroad), we need you! Teach, earn a salary with benefits and build up your resume.
- Sure! Have a friend who wants to teach abroad also? We'll work to have you placed close enough that you at least spend weekends together. Maybe closer!
- 1 year
Program Requirements And Responsibilities
- Applicants must be native English speakers and/or have a high level of clear English when speaking. If you are not a native English speaker, the less of an accent you have the better. The iTEP Conversation test will be required, which you can take in less than 30-minutes from your own computer.
- Applicants must have a bachelors degree in any field.
- Applicants must be in good mental health.
- Applicants should be at least 21 years old.
- Applicants must complete and pass the online 20 hour TESOL course.
- Teachers will teach English in a classroom setting, working to improve students listening and speaking skills. The age groups can be primary school to high school and even college (ages 7-21).
- Teachers will prepare in-class activities focused on language development such as dialogues, games, pronunciation and grammar activities, songs, role-playing and conversation groups.
- Plan lessons and presentations for your class.
- Attend some faculty meetings.
- Teach Monday through Saturday.
GeoVisions has screened all jobs and schools and provides all of the benefits listed below for the Program Fee:
- $1,500-$2,500 USD / month. For those willing to teach extra hours, the monthly salary can increase substantially.
- Assistance in finding accommodation, but teachers pay their own rent. Rent is generally between USD $250 and $400 per month, exclusive of electricity and water (which is generally quite affordable). In some instances Internet is provided in accommodation costs, in other instances it must be purchased separately.
- Paid holidays – approximately 15 public holidays.
- 10 paid vacation days, based on the schools’ protocol.
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Taiwan.
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical, accident and dental insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
- Premium online membership at the ESL-Lounge.
- A 12-month contract with a screened school.
- Participants will be met at the hotel.
- Online 20-hour TESOL course is provided.
You need to arrive by Sept. 4, 2017.
Teachers will teach 6-8 hours/per day Monday through Saturday. “In-Class” hours are usually 5-7 hours/day depending on the school.
Orientation is provided after arrival. Orientation is two days with our partner in Taiwan. Schools will also provide time for teachers to settle in and show them around.
Native English speaker or a non-native English speaker with a slight accent. If you are not a native English speaker, the less of an accent you have the better. The iTEP Conversation test will be required, which you can take in less than 30-minutes from your own computer.
Not Included. But there are schools or universities where Mandarin classes are offered.
Minimum age of 21 is required.
Not included. Participants fly to Taipei (Taoyuan International Airport) Taichung (Taichung International Airport) or Kaohsiung (Kaohsiung International Airport). After orientation, participants will travel onwards to their school. (GeoVisions representatives will meet you at the airport, if you arrive into Taipei.)
Not Included. For US citizens, you can enter Taiwan without a visa. Then your school director will assist you with the documentation necessary to apply for an ARC (Alien Residence Certificate). For those outside of the US, a tourist visa is needed in advance of arriving in Taiwan.
Your continued good health and safety during your time abroad is of critical importance to GeoVisions, and to the success of the program.
With the new healthcare and insurance laws in the United States, GeoVisions cannot legally provide travel, health and accident insurance on our group plan for any participant who resides outside the US. If that is you, we hope you will still participate with us. We struggle to understand these insurance laws in our country every day.
For US Citizens, GeoVisions has arranged accident and health insurance services through STA Travel. You will be sent details of the plan appropriate to you before departure. Please read the information about the plan carefully.
If you reside outside the US, please find out if your current health insurance plan covers you when you travel. If it does not, you will need to purchase an insurance plan separately. Then, simply send us a scan or photo of your insurance card. It’s that simple. And for the record, we don’t understand or agree with these laws either.
GeoVisions takes your health very seriously. We have specially trained staff on duty 24 hours a day, 7-days a week to assist you wherever you are.
Participants arriving into Taipei (Taoyuan International Airport) will be met at the airport. Participants arriving into Taichung or Kaohsiung airports will make their way to the hotel for orientation. GeoVisions representatives will also accompany teachers by train or bus to the assigned school after orientation. (Transportation cost is not included in the program fee. But the cost is very inexpensive.)
Accommodations are not provided. But assistance is available to help locate an apartment that suites you.
Meals are not included. Noodles and a side dish might run $3 to $4 US. Lunch or dinner at a decent restaurant costs $8 to $15 US. A gourmet coffee runs $4 to $5 US and a meal at a top restaurant might cost $30. You can also shop and use your kitchen in your new apartment. Groceries may cost US$100-150/month depending on your shopping list.