Tutor campers in English, participate in fun activities, live on the beach. What's not to like?
From art to food, from stunning and varied countryside to flamboyant fashion, Italy has it all. Did you know: With 44 sites, Italy has more Unesco World Heritage sites than any other country on earth?
A perfect blend of culture and language exchange. At the camp in Porto Sant’Elpidio, you will live right on the beach in a shared apartment. At the camp in Macerata, you will be 30 minutes from the beach in a beautiful Italian town either in a dorm or in a shared apartment. Macerata is a quick 30-minute train ride to the beach. At both camps you will volunteer 20 hours each week as a camp counselor to Italian children aged 6-14 teaching them conversational English. Being a summer camp counselor in Italy not only very rewarding … it’s a lot of fun.
Be ready to get to know and love the everyday life in Italy, enjoy a second home with new friends, become more independent and confident, learn or improve your Italian, discover new interests, put your organizational and creative skills to the test, get to know yourself better, and add an international reference to your resume in order to help with future job applications using your experience from these Italian Day Camps.
- Travel for less. The program is designed to provide plenty of time on weekends to experience the Italian culture. Many other summer camp counselors have had time to travel all over Italy during the weekends.
- You put in around 20 hours each week playing games with the campers and speaking English each day, and the rest of your time is spent traveling and experiencing the culture in depth.
- Enhance your resume by volunteering as a Conversation Partner and summer camp counselor. Job: “Private Language
- Tutor and Summer Camp Counselor.” References: Global. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
Requirements and Duties
- Summer camp counselors must be native English speakers.
- Counselors need to have a college degree or be in college, have one of the following requirements: teaching experience, camp counselor experience, or teaching English as a second language certificate.
- Counselors should be in good health.
- Counselors should have good lesson planning and organization skills.
- Skills in sports, music, singing, etc are extremely helpful.
- Share your language with the language camp 20 hours a week Monday to Friday.
- Be on time for camp each day.
- Manage your own personal expenses (telephone bills, clothing, entertainment and spending money)
What You Get For Your Program Fee
- Personalized Volunteer Placement through our Partner in Italy, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with the local organization.
- A comfortable, safe place to live in Italy, including two meals per day.
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Italy.
- Airport pickup (in Rome) during specified times. If flights do not arrive during the arrival time (before 1 pm), precise information will be provided on how to reach the accommodations. (Cost of transportation, if outside of specified times, is not included.)
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical, and accident insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance. Our insurance covers you up to $50,000 and carries a $0 deductible and is good for the entire duration of your program. We also include trip delay insurance, baggage loss and delay coverage, missed connection coverage and LiveTravel™ Emergency Service.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S. Call collect from Italy. Our emergency line is manned by real people.