Provide much-needed assistance in camps, schools and the community while having time to explore the best of Italy.
From art to food, from stunning and varied countryside to flamboyant fashion, Italy has it all. Did you know: With 44 sites, Italy has more Unesco World Heritage sites than any other country on earth?
The truth is, there is no better way to spend your summer. We need you to volunteer in Italy, which includes helping out in various summer camps along the coast, and in May and the first half of June and in some cases mid-September we need volunteers helping out in various elementary classrooms playing games and speaking English. Tourist offices along the Italian coast, museums and other organizations also need English-speaking volunteers. This is a great way to learn more about what it’s like to live in Italy, make life-long Italian friends, practice or learn some Italian, take a language course or a cooking course … and provide much-needed help in this area of Italy.
Rather than living with host families, we have rented a beach apartment. And we’ve rented it in the summer months and that brings the cost up some. We have room for five volunteers at a time. But we don’t think you’ll find a better way to spend a month or two this summer than living in a beach apartment in Italy, with a fully functional kitchen to practice your Italian cooking. Because we have 3-beds in one bedroom and two in another, we have limited the age-range to 18-35. But if a group of five volunteers older than 35 want to lay claim on a specific time … we’d love to have you.
Are you ready to live in an apartment on the beach in Italy? To walk to the local market and actually become a local for 2 weeks to 2 months? Would you enjoy speaking English and playing with elementary school children in a local Italian school? Or spend a few hours in a local summer camp playing games and speaking English or helping out in a tourist center? Then THIS is the program for you.
Add an international reference to your resume in order to help with future job applications or enhanced certification using your experience volunteering in Italy.
- This is one of the best opportunities to travel with a friend or family member and enjoy Italy. We can accommodate five volunteers in the apartment.
- Minimum of two-weeks, or you can stay between one and two-months.
- $1,359 for two-weeks, $1,999 for four-weeks and $2,999 for eight-weeks.
This program includes your transportation from Rome to Lido di Fermo in the Marche region of Italy, where we have our Teach English In Italy program and our summer language camp program. It also includes a fully furnished apartment on the beach. Please note we have lowered the amount of volunteer hours to around 15 per week with the possibility of Mondays or Fridays off in case you want to plan a 3-day weekend trip to Florence, Rome, Venice or head across the water for a few days in Croatia!
This experience is a perfect blend of culture and language exchange. In Lido di Fermo, you will be near our center for the language camp and teacher programs in Porto Sant’Elpidio. You will live on the beach in a shared apartment that holds five volunteers at a time.
Be ready to get to know and love the everyday life in Italy, enjoy a second home with new friends, become more independent and confident, learn or improve your Italian, discover new interests, put your organizational and creative skills to the test, get to know yourself better, and add an international reference to your resume in order to help with future job applications using your experience from these volunteer experiences.
- Do you want to learn Italian or brush up on your language skills?
- Exclusive teaching materials written by GeoVisions that you can print out and take with you. Plus your free subscription to the ESL Lounge provides many items to help you with your conversations such as worksheets, flash cards and games.
- Live, personalized help with lesson plans through our Help Me Teach desk. Having lesson plans is important and the most frequently requested assistance we receive. We are here to provide that assistance FREE.
- Tip the advantage to you by enhancing your resume by volunteering as a teacher in Italy. Job: “Classroom Teacher.” References: Global. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
- Travel for less. The program is designed to provide plenty of time on weekends to experience the Italian culture. Many other volunteers have had time to travel all over Italy during the weekends. Some have even taken the overnight ferry to Croatia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sharing your language with locals around 15 hours a week.
- Helping with kids at summer beach camps, while speaking English to them. (Mid June to the end of July)
- Help supervise and watch kids 1 to 6 years old in Italian schools, while speaking English. (Prior to June 15)
- Teach English to groups of students of different ages, in different settings from Italian schools such as the park or the beach.
- Helping with International customers in local tourist offices or museums.
- Assignments will be communicated a couple weeks prior to arrival. Every volunteer will work with another volunteer so you are not alone.
- Using GeoVisions’ teaching materials, your free subscription to the online ESL Lounge along with your creativity, provide creative, fun and informative language sessions.
- Keep your room tidy and clean.
- Manage your own personal expenses (telephone bills, clothing, entertainment and spending money).
What You Get For Your Program Fee
- Personalized Volunteer Placement through our Partner in Italy, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with the local organization.
- A comfortable, safe place to live in Italy.
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Italy.
- In-country basic language assistance.
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical and accident insurance.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
- Premium online membership at the ESL-Lounge.
Arrival Dates and Deadlines for 2017:
To arrive on June 3 or June 17, you must meet the May 1 application deadline.
To arrive on July 1 or July 15, you must meet the May 20 application deadline. This arrival date is full.
To arrive on July 29, you must meet the June 1 application deadline.
To arrive on August 27, you must meet the July 1 application deadline.
Depending on rooming, you may sign up for a 2-week session. When we speak with you, we will let you know the availability.
(There are no activities/tutoring from August 14-18).
Only five volunteers can be accommodated at any one time. In the apartment, there is one double room and one triple and so we have to be considerate of gender issues.
15-20 hours each week. Monday through Friday. With advance planning and notice, it is sometimes possible to take a Friday or a Monday off for a long weekend trip.
Orientation is held on the first day of activities each month.
Native English speaker.
Available for a minimum of 2 people. 2 or 4 weeks. 8 hours per week (3 or 4 days a week). Price to be confirmed (roughly 100€/week). Lessons with a certified Italian teacher in different and fun environments (library, beach, park, etc.).
Cooking Course: Available once a week. Price to be confirmed (roughly 70€ with dinner or lunch included).
18 to 35 years of age.
This narrow range is due to the accommodation. If there is a group of five volunteers older than 35 who can arrive on the same dates, we’re more than happy to have you.
Lido di Fermo, Italy.
Not included. Arrive all together so you can share a bus to Lido di Ferma.
No visa will be necessary for this program.
Your health and safety during your GeoVisions program is of critical importance to the success of the program. Access to appropriate, immediate and excellent health care keeps you safe, healthy and participating on the program.
Extensive medical and accident insurance along with emergency evacuation, baggage loss and delay, trip delay and LiveTravel™ emergency assistance is included for US citizens as long as you are on the program.
Under the current insurance laws in the United States, we are unable to insure participants outside the US on our policy. However, if you live outside the US we hope you will still participate with us. You will need to scan your proof of insurance and send it to us.
Yeah. We know. These laws make no sense to us either.
Transfer from Rome to your accommodation is included if you arrive at the pre-set time, which will be communicated to you well in advance. You will be picked up at the airport in Rome and transported in a coach bus. The bus departs the Rome International Airport at 11 am local time, currently. At the local station in Lido di Fermo, you will be taken to your accommodation.
Accommodation is included in a shared apartment located only 3-minutes walk from the beach. Shared bedrooms with bunk beds. Shared bathroom.
When you arrive at your apartment, €100 will be collected as a security deposit and held there. When you leave your apartment in good condition, the €100 will returned to you when you check out.
Meals are not included. Your apartment is furnished with all the necessities for cooking great Italian meals. A grocery store is located a short walk away with the possibility of local restaurant's giving GeoVisions volunteers discounts when you want to take a day off from cooking.