About the Author
Randy LeGrant is the Executive Director of GeoVisions. He is responsible for all our sending programs…teach abroad, volunteer abroad, Au Pair, and Internship.
Experiences are more important than landmarks. We have learned that many travelers expect to volunteer in the country they visit. And, they want to work there, too. Furthermore, when they return home, they expect — and are reaping — tangible personal and professional benefits from their time abroad.
It no longer matters what travelers do, it matters why they do it. Making bigger memories, filling journals with photos and inspiring and sharable content. Sharing all of that with the world.
Our participants are very articulate that their program is about more than what they get in their host community or with their host family. It’s about what they are able to bring back.
- Touching the future by providing full time teaching jobs abroad. And providing some of the most unique volunteer teaching experiences available, anywhere.
- Recognizing, accepting and sharing cultural diversity with the world.
- Learning a new language to enable more communication between cultures.
- Providing quality childcare, making it possible for parents to get and keep jobs.
- Programs For Seasonal Host Employers in the United States.
- J-1 Visa Summer Work and Travel Exchange Program for students around the world.
Photos from Flickr
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
If you want to feel happy, do something for yourself. If you want to feel fulfilled, do something for someone else.
Experiences are more important than landmarks.