Immerse yourself this year in a summer camp in Italy.
Spend five weeks as a language camp counselor in a summer camp in Italy. Live like a native Italian since you’ll be living with a host family. This is not your typical summer job. It is a truly an exciting and unique way to spend the summer.
Each week day, you become a counselor, a teacher, a tutor, a play-pal, an arts and crafts guru, a role model for Italian campers. Four hours each day is spent at the camps. Afternoons and weekends are yours to explore!
Counselors In Our Summer Camp In Italy Have Fun
As a language camp counselor in Italy there is no one to impress and you don’t have to be nervous about making a huge mistake. You’re going to dance around in your shorts, flip-flops and your “You Can Camp” tee shirt. It’s hard to sit around worrying what others think of you when you’re playing games, creating world-class art projects, going over words and phrases in English with Italian kids and having an amazing lunch of pasta followed by Espresso or Cappuccino and then heading out to the beach or catching up on an afternoon nap.
Throughout various areas of Italy, you will live with two different host families (2 weeks each). Check out the differences between the two families. Is one is a better cook? Maybe one family spends more time at the dinner table? Or goes to the beach more often? Maybe the other family is just plain funnier? You can become part of each family and start to feel like you truly live in Italy!
If you think or know that you will enjoy spending five weeks in Italy in 3 different locations, working and playing with Italian campers who want to learn some conversational English, then YES, this a perfect program for you! Not only will you meet other counselors, you’ll immerse yourself in a true Italian home with your Italian host families.
Don’t we all want an international experience to spruce up our resumes? It’s experience with children. Experience with language, teaching/tutoring. Experience with a different culture. You’ll be amazed at employers who see international experiences on resumes and start a conversation from there!
- Absolutely! They can either stay with the same home stay family or one near by.
- 5 weeks
Language camp counselor AND live with a host family. It’s the perfect combination of cultural immersion, tutoring, and FUN!
The first week participate in the counselor orientation in Macerata, Italy. While living with other counselors also on the program, counselors have 5 days of orientation, learning about Italy, camps, and how to help Italian campers learn conversational English using “camp-like” games and activities.
The second and third week are spent living at a host family (there may be one other counselor also staying at the host family with you). Then each week day morning you’ll be brought to a camp to work with energetic Italian kids looking for activities, games, some English and fun! Your weekend is free to explore and travel.
The fourth and fifth week, you’ll live with a second host family. And work with Italian campers in a different camp.
- The program is designed to provide plenty of time on weekends to experience the Italian culture. Many other summer camp counselors have had time to travel all over Italy during the weekends. Some have even taken the overnight ferry to Croatia.
- You put in around 20 hours each week playing games with the campers and speaking English each day, and the rest of your time is spent either with your host family and living the culture or if you choose, traveling and experiencing the culture in depth.
- Enhance your resume with this International teaching experience.
- You will learn some Italian living and teaching English in Italy.
Requirements and Duties
- Summer camp counselors must be native English speakers.
- Counselors need to have a college degree or be in college, have one of the following requirements: teaching experience, camp counselor experience, or teaching English as a second language certificate.
- Counselors should be in good health.
- Counselors should have good lesson planning and organization skills.
- Skills in sports, music, singing, etc are extremely helpful.
- Share your language with the language camp 20 hours a week Monday to Friday.
- Be on time for camp each day.
- Manage your own personal expenses (telephone bills, clothing, entertainment and spending money)
What You Get For Your Program Fee
- Personalized Volunteer Placement through our Partner in Italy, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with the local organization.
- A comfortable, safe place to live in Italy
- Meals while at your host family. (Breakfast and lunch during the first week of orientation.)
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Italy.
- Airport pickup (in Rome) during specified times. If flights do not arrive during the arrival time (before 1 pm), precise information will be provided on how to reach the accommodations. (Cost of transportation, if outside of specified times, is not included.)
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Medical, and accident insurance for US citizens.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S. Our emergency line is manned by real people.
You will need to apply soon to go in 2018. This camp will be filled quickly.
2018 Dates: June 10 - July 14th.
4 hours per day, Monday through Friday.
Included. Spend the first week in Macerata, Italy. Counselors stay together in the local university dorm. Orientation runs Monday through Friday.
It is always helpful to have some knowledge of Italian.
23-35 years of age.
Orientation is held in Macerata, Italy (in the Marche region). The camps are throughout Italy. (exact location details available in April).
A visa will not be needed on this program.
Your continued good health and safety during your time abroad is of critical importance to GeoVisions, and to the success of the program.
With the new healthcare and insurance laws in the United States, GeoVisions cannot legally provide travel, health and accident insurance on our group plan for any participant who resides outside the US. If that is you, we hope you will still participate with us. We struggle to understand these insurance laws in our country every day.
For US Citizens, GeoVisions has arranged accident and health insurance services through STA Travel. You will be sent details of the plan appropriate to you before departure. Please read the information about the plan carefully.
If you reside outside the US, please find out if your current health insurance plan covers you when you travel. If it does not, you will need to purchase an insurance plan separately. Then, simply send us a scan or photo of your insurance card. It’s that simple. And for the record, we don’t understand or agree with these laws either.
GeoVisions takes your health very seriously. We have specially trained staff on duty 24 hours a day, 7-days a week to assist you wherever you are.
Included. Airport pickup in Rome and transport to Macerata is included. Please arrive Rome by 1 pm. If you arrive later, the cost of transport is not included but directions to the camp will be provided.
INCLUDED from the host family to the camp each week day. Transportation is also included from orientation to the first host family. And from the first host family to the second host family.
During orientation, counselors will live in the dorms in Macerata, Italy. After orientation, counselors will live with a host family for 2 weeks and then another host family for 2 weeks. Rooms will be either a single or twin bedroom in the home stays.
During orientation, breakfast and lunch are provided. While at the homestays, all meals are included.
NO RISK & NO OBLIGATION to Get Started Today!