A continent on one green island.
Many of us look for an opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. Still others look for an alternative to the traditional post-graduate employment path. Teach English in Taiwan with GeoVisions, and weave those opportunities into the fabric of your daily life. GeoVisions offers paid teaching positions for university graduates or current classroom teachers looking to share their language and culture while immersing themselves in new communities around the world.
When you go abroad to teach English in Taiwan with GeoVisions, you will be earning more than a competitive salary. Your teaching job can be an excellent alternative to the traditional post-graduate employment path. It is also an amazing opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, while experiencing the rich culture of the East.
Taiwan is a blend of modern and the past. Some refer to it as “The heart of Asia”, with very friendly and courteous locals.
With only one intake range per year (in June to September) to teach English in Taiwan with GeoVisions, you only have one chance to make this experience a reality in your life.
The deadline to apply for the 2018-2019 school year is July 15, 2018. But because these are highly sought after jobs and the annual salary is very high considering the low cost of living in Taiwan, we could be out of available jobs by then.
We guarantee a minimum of $1,680 each month. You can earn up to $2,000 a month or more.
Go beyond the beaten path and experience Taiwan the way no tourist ever could. GeoVisions’ Teach English In Taiwan program allows you to live and work in one of the world’s most progressive countries. Taiwan has a vibrant democracy, free press, gender equality and respect for human rights. It’s an amazing place to improve the English skills of local children and experiencing and engaging in an important cultural exchange. You will find a rich culture built upon a fascinating history and a country populated by a caring, vibrant people. You will discover within a day why the national greeting may as well be, “Have you eaten?”
- Sure! Have a friend who wants to teach abroad also? We'll work to have you placed close enough that you at least spend weekends together. Maybe closer!
- 1 year
- 120 hour onsite TEFL instruction is FREE.
- Training curriculum planning program is free and accommodation is paid for.
- Guaranteed minimum salary of $1,680 a month. Can go up over $2,000 a month.
- No office hours. You’re at school only when you have your classes to teach.
- National health insurance provided.
- Regular raises and bonuses.
- If you renew a 2nd year, you receive a full month leave with pay.
- Classroom performance bonus. This can range from $500 to $2500 annually.
- Interest free set-up loan, if you need it.
- Housing assistance.
- Assistance locating a local language center where you can take classes and learn Chinese.
- Contract completion bonus
The fee you pay to teach in Taiwan goes to our 501(c)(3) non-profit company, The GeoVisions Foundation. The program donation for this experience covers our costs of local screening of potential host schools in Taiwan; assisting you with the process of compiling the documents you will need to collect for a guaranteed job and the correct visa; and assistance in Taiwan during your entire stay to make sure what you have agreed to is what really happens. This provides you a great deal of security and a social base to grow and enjoy your time in Taiwan. If you are from the US, the fee also includes your travel and medical insurance.
We provide 24/7 emergency service, manned by real people. You are supported from the moment you contact us to the time you return … and beyond, through our active Alumni Community. Be sure to speak to your tax preparer to see if any of these fees (and even moving costs) can be deducted as a charitable donation.
Program Requirements And Responsibilities
- Applicants must be native English speakers.
- Applicants must be from Australia, Belize, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, USA.
- Applicants must have a bachelors degree in any field. We can also accept a 2-year degree (Associates) if you have TEFL / CELTA certification in advance.
- Applicants must be in good mental health and physically fit to work with students as young as 3 years old.
- Teachers will prepare in-class activities focused on language development such as dialogues, games, pronunciation and grammar activities, songs, role-playing and conversation groups.
- Plan lessons and presentations for your class.
- Attend some faculty meetings.
GeoVisions has screened all jobs and schools and provides all of the benefits listed below for the Program Fee:
- $1,680 (guaranteed) to $2,000 USD / month or more. For those willing to teach extra hours, the monthly salary can increase substantially.
- Assistance in finding accommodation, but teachers pay their own rent. Rent is generally between USD $250 and $400 per month, exclusive of electricity and water (which is generally quite affordable). In some instances Internet is provided in accommodation costs, in other instances it must be purchased separately.
- We have set curricula with a full range of support materials such as CDs, posters, and visual aids, and classes are clearly structured.
- 1-day follow-up trainings are held for all new teachers three times in their first year. They are held after 1, 3, and 6 months of teaching.
- Teachers are awarded an accredited TEFL Certificate at the end of their first year. This encompasses initial training, branch training, 1-, 3-, and 6-month follow-up trainings, and a minimum of 800 hours of practicum teaching. This TEFL training is FREE.
- Paid holidays – approximately 15 public holidays.
- 10 paid vacation days, based on the schools’ protocol.
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Taiwan.
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical, accident and dental insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
- Premium online membership at the ESL-Lounge.
- A 12-month contract with a screened school.
Arrive between May and September, 2018.
A minimum of 20 teaching hours per week, averaged over the month. You may request more hours, which will increase your salary.
Orientation is provided after arrival. Accommodation is provided during this orientation and training.
Native English speaker. Applicants must be from Australia, Belize, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, USA.
Not Included. But there are schools or universities where Mandarin classes are offered.
Minimum age of 21 is required.
Not included. Participants fly to Taipei (Taoyuan International Airport) Taichung (Taichung International Airport) or Kaohsiung (Kaohsiung International Airport). After orientation, participants will travel onwards to their school. (GeoVisions representatives will meet you at the airport, if you arrive into Taipei.)
Not Included. For US citizens, you can enter Taiwan without a visa. Then your school director will assist you with the documentation necessary to apply for an ARC (Alien Residence Certificate). For those outside of the US, a tourist visa is needed in advance of arriving in Taiwan.
After receiving your resident visa, we will apply for your national health insurance coverage. This costs you typically NT$300–500 a month ($10 – $17 USD) which is automatically deducted from your salary. (That is a small fraction of the total cost. The government will pay the remainder.) The net effect is that you get extremely cheap access to Taiwan’s well-equipped health system, including dental, eye care and even traditional Chinese medicine.
Participants arriving into Taipei (Taoyuan International Airport) will be met at the airport. Participants arriving into Taichung or Kaohsiung airports will make their way to the hotel for orientation. GeoVisions representatives will also accompany teachers by train or bus to the assigned school after orientation. (Transportation cost is not included in the program fee. But the cost is very inexpensive.)
Accommodations are not provided. But assistance is available to help locate an apartment that suites you.
During orientation, your accommodation is free.
Meals are not included. Noodles and a side dish might run $3 to $4 US. Lunch or dinner at a decent restaurant costs $8 to $15 US. A gourmet coffee runs $4 to $5 US and a meal at a top restaurant might cost $30. You can also shop and use your kitchen in your new apartment. Groceries may cost US$100-150/month depending on your shopping list.
NO RISK & NO OBLIGATION to Get Started Today!